Duplicate content is not good for any blog because Google does not like Duplicate content at all. And if Google finds Duplicate content on your blog, it can reduce or blacklist your blog’s ranking.
How to Check Duplicate Content?
When any content is copied from your blog or by Mistake, any content matches your content, it is called Duplicate Content, that is, the same thing exists in two different or the same place.
There are also two types of Duplicate Content, the first is Internal Duplicate Content and the second is External Duplicate Content.
1. Internal Duplicate Content: Internal Duplicate Content means that the same content has been repeated on your own blog.
2. External Duplicate Content: External Duplicate Content means the same content is available on any other blog as well.
Duplicate content can also be done in two ways, or your thinking matches the thinking of another blogger or it is copying your blog post itself. You can also find out both of these reasons, because of which it is happening.
If the beginning or ending part of your post is being matched or a little too much, then it may be due to the matching of your thinking or the way of writing.
But if the entire content of your blog is being copied, that is, someone is stealing your own content from the beginning to the end, then it is a matter of concern, then you will have to take some action soon.
Top 5 Tools Check Duplicate Content
1. Copyscape : Copyscape is one of the oldest and popular duplicate content checker tool. Here you can check duplicate content by adding URL.
Copyscape is a free tool, but in the free package you can check plagiarism only for published articles. If you also want to check for unpublished article then you will need to upgrade it.
2. Grammarly: This is the best plagiarism detector tool ever. It also checks Grammar and spelling for your content. But in the free version it does not allow duplicate content to be checked, you have to upgrade it.
3. Plagium: This tool allows you to paste articles up to 5,000 characters. It is the alternative best copyright checker tool of Copyscape tool. And it is a very good plagiarism detector as it shows you the result by checking duplicate content in few seconds.
4. Dupli checker: This is another very good tool that checks copy content. Here you can paste your article or upload a .txt file and check duplicated content.
5. Plagiarisma: This tool provides 3 option to check duplicate content. You can upload your entire article text, URL or files like .txt, .doc, .rtf etc. It also supports 190+ languages.
What is Plagiarism?
This is a very popular question asked in Blogging. This keyword has 4,50,000 monthly searches on Google.
This means displaying someone else’s work with their name.
In other words, by copying someone’s work or content, publish or popularize with your name. In the blogging field, if you pick up content from another website or blog, publish it on your blog or website is called plagiarism.
Plagiarism is quite an unfair work. To prevent this, many steps have been taken at different levels.
In SEO, we often say that we should write unique content on our blog and should not copy from anywhere. Why do we say that?
All search engines understand the orignal work of anyone and while appreciating them, do not rank websites with copied content and even give them penality.
Now you know that there is no use of publishing copied content on your website, because you will be harmed by doing so.